Last Updated January 11, 2012
This website is owned and operated by TVO. Please read these terms and conditions prior to accessing this website.
Ownership of Website and Content
TVO either owns the Content contained on this website (including all text, images, photographs, illustrations, art work, graphics, audio and video clips, computer software and submissions) or is an authorized Licensee.
This website is subject to intellectual property laws. Any copying, reproducing, altering, modifying, public performing or displaying, uploading, posting or transmitting of Content other than as permitted herein, is strictly prohibited. TVO does permit you to copy or upload website Content provided that your goal be for personal non-commercial purposes and that corresponding proprietary notices, where applicable, remain intact.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
This website may contain material that is trade-marked by a third party. It may also include links to third party websites. In neither case shall TVO be construed as endorsing the products or services of such other parties.
The visitor/user accepts this website as is, and browses at his or her own risk.
TVO assumes no liability for content posted by others to this website, and visitors/users of this website acknowledge that the postings contained herein do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of TVO.
TVO does not warrant that the functions and/or materials contained on this website shall be error-free or uninterrupted, or that defects will be corrected. As such, TVO assumes no liability for any loss of data or other damage or problems sustained by your computer that may arise from your use of this website.
All opinions, advice or other comments appearing on this website are those of the specific person providing them and do not necessarily represent the opinions, advice or views of TVO. Before acting upon any opinion, advice or comment provided by any person appearing on this website the viewer should seek informed advice from their own expert or professional.
User Conduct and Rules of Netiquette
As a visitor/user of this website, you represent and warrant that you have reached the age of majority and possess the legal capacity to enter into this agreement, and that you have all necessary rights in and to the postings you submit.
Read before posting anywhere on this website!
TVO is pleased to provide an online opportunity for comments, feedback, discussion and debate related to TVO content as part of our commitment as Ontario's public educational content provider. TVO has a responsibility to make sure that a range of opinions are heard and that a diversity of views is expressed, but also to ensure the experience is available and welcoming for everyone.
Please abide by the following Rules and Etiquette for Posting:
2. All posts will be limited to 300 words.
3. Each user should post no more than 5 times in a 24 hour period.
4. All users should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Personal attacks, name-calling, trolling (posting outrageous messages to bait people to answer, sowing discord, purposely provoking) is not acceptable. Similarly, if a user posts an idea you take issue with, intelligently challenge it - but attack the issue, not the poster.
5. Please ensure you are posting to the relevant piece of content. Users are asked to read or view the content and thread before posting. Any posts not on topic will either be moved or removed, as appropriate and at the discretion of the administrators. Double or cross-thread posting or other attempts at flooding a thread with posts is not acceptable.
6. Before you post, browse and/or use the search tool to see if there has already been a similar discussion thread started.
7. Please post in a way that is consistent with "normal writing". For example, when you POST IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, this is commonly considered to be shouting and should be avoided.
8. "Bumping" or posting with the deliberate intention to keep a thread 'hot' is not allowed. These type of posts can be described as containing redundant information, gibberish or one-liners.
9. Revealing personal information such as full names, e-mail, mailing address or other information that is invasive of others' privacy without their express consent is prohibited.
10. Spam is not tolerated under any circumstance.
11. The above rules and etiquette, where applicable, also apply to private messaging and public profiles.
You further warrant and represent that:
- You will not misrepresent your identity;
- You will refrain from posting material intended to further commercial ends and/or to promote a business or generate revenue;
- You will not post or link to any material that violates the rights of others, be they their privacy, publicity, intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- You will not post, transmit or direct one to content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, indecent, pornographic, threatening, hateful, abusive or harassing;
- You will not post content that instructs one to commit a crime, or that is otherwise unlawful or in contravention of any law;
- You will not post content that may contain or trigger a computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, junk or chain mail, spam, or comparable device; and
- You will not collect information about other users of this website, including their e-mail addresses.
This website contains an interactive component which enables visitors/users to post comments, information and other materials, hereinafter referred to as Submission(s).
You hereby grant TVO a royalty-free, perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable and worldwide licence to use, copy, publicly perform or display, transmit or distribute, translate, adapt and create derivative works from any Submission(s) that you provide as well as the right to sublicense any or all such rights to third parties.
You waive all moral rights in your Submission(s) in favour of TVO, and acknowledge that there is no expectation of confidentiality vis-a-vis your Submission(s). As such, you consent to TVO's identifying you as the contributor of the Submission(s).
Reservation of Rights
You indemnify, fully discharge and forever hold TVO, its directors, officers, employees and agents harmless for (a) your breaches of the terms and conditions contained herein, (b) your violations of the law or illegal conduct as manifested by your Submissions or other use of this website, (c) your access or inability to access this website or the entirety of its features, (d) any loss of data you may sustain as a result of your accessing this website, and/or (e) your reliance on any Content or Submission contained herein.